Wednesday, May 19, 2010

What happened to you, Bangkok?

It has been more than two months since I returned from Bangkok but the protest is still not over.

When I watched the news today, I got a shock. The Reds had set buildings on fire, including the Central Bank, some local media companies and the Central World Mall. Even my favorite shopping mall, Siam Paragon was not spared either.

Bangkok holds fond memories for me - my first overseas trip with the school and my first overseas trip with my colleagues. Bangkok is also one of my favorite destinations for a weekend getaway. I actually had made plans to visit Bangkok in this July. I had to give the Wat Arun a miss during the last trip as my colleague in Thailand had strongly advised me not to go near the Chao Phraya River because the protesters were travelling along this river to Bangkok.

Bangkok is the Land of Smiles; when has it become the Land for Battleground?


20100314 Streets of Bangkok, originally uploaded by Technical Tango.

No comments:

Post a Comment