Saturday, July 24, 2010

My new baby - Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8

This is an ultra-wide angle lens with a fast f/2.8 aperture for better photography in low-light situations. This is best used for landscape photography. Also, we can make use of the lens distortion in our advantage to create artistic or mild fish eye effects. This will definitely be one of the must-bring lenses in my camera bag when I travel.

The only downside is the shorter zoom length (11-16mm). As my current walk-around lens is 24-105mm, there is a gap of 17-23mm, which after much deliberation; I decided it should not be a hindrance to get this f/2.8 lens. Well, I guess I can always try to take a few steps forward or backwards?

I was further convinced to get the Hoya HD ultra-thin UV filter which the shop assistant claims this is best for a wide angle lens and it also consists of 8 layers of anti reflective multi coating; is water and oil repellent/ scratch and stain resistant.

I can't wait to try out my new lens!



No comments:

Post a Comment