Friday, January 1, 2010

First in Year 2010

Date/Time : 1st January 2010 at 0000
Location : The Sail, Singapore
Lens : EFS18-55MM f3.5-f5.6 IS
Settings : f4.5, 1/13, ISO 1600, WB @ Auto, 24MM
(Trimmed) Close up of the streaks



A smaller aperture creates slim streaks while a bigger aperture will create chunky streaks. I took the above picture with a bigger aperture. All the fireworks photos were taken with a tripod and I merely clicked away. Occassionally I would zoom in/out a little to get a different composition.

Settings : f4.5, 1/13, ISO 1600, WB @ Auto
Focal Length : 32MM
(Demonstration)

The best time to take photos of the fireworks is when the event had just started. After that the black sky became very smoky (as above).
Always use a tripod! Because you will need a longer shutter speed to capture the movement of the fireworks.
I like the photos that I took of the fireworks. But they looked a little flat though; lack of the 3D feel. It could be due to the view that I took it from - face to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment