Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Doddling with Light


Date : 6th Feb 2010
Location : Marina Barrage
Lens : EFS18-55MM. f3.5-f5.6 IS

Settings : f5.6, 2.5 Sec , ISO 100, 55MM, Flash ON

I call this doddling with light. I had used a tripod for this shoot so I can use a slow shutter speed of 2.5seconds. Important : tripod is a must! I managed to achieve the patterns by zooming in gradually after I click on the button ie from focal length of 18MM to 55MM within 2.5 seconds. The shadow on the left belongs to Light Painter KK. I don't have a specific reason for using a flash. I was just experimenting with the light painting. Unfortunately, as soon as I finished taking this photo, my 500D battery went dead. How untimely!

Date : 24th Dec 2009
Location : One Fullerton
Lens : EFS18-55MM. f3.5-f5.6 IS

Settings : f3.5, 0.8 Sec , ISO 100, 18MM, Flash Off
A similar photo that I took except that instead of zooming out, I zoomed in. As I did not have a tripod with me, I used a shorter shutter speed.

Painting with Light is fun and it is always a new experience each time!

No comments:

Post a Comment