Friday, February 12, 2010

External Flash - Canon Speedlite 430EX II

I bought an external flash and I intend to use it often with the portrait lens. The portrait lens can also double up for taking macro subjects and food. As my portrait lens does not come with an Image Stabilizer, the external flash will help me increase the shutter speed by a few stops.

It was quite fun testing out the flash (under room's lighting). We did it with 1) without flash, 2) with built in flash, 3) with external flash (flash head pointing towards the subject and 4) with external flash (flash head pointing towards the side). The best result is #4. We pointed the flash head towards the side and tilted towards the ceiling, this created a softer look. When done correctly, the external flash also helped to reduce/eliminate shadows on my subject's face.

Suggestion : Keep the ISO at 400



And I bought this again! I bought a similar one before Christmas last year and lost it 2 weeks ago. This is handy if you only want to bring your camera/with one lens. It helps to prevent scratches when I put my DSLR into my handbag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment