Sunday, May 8, 2011

A new star is born!

Pursuant to Section 49, Sub Section 70, Paragraph A of the Parliamentary Act, I hereby declare.......

I heard this 27 times. I admit I was feeling a little irritated by this because I wanted to know the results at the soonest! Then, I couldn't understand why is Potong Pasir SMC taking the longest to count? It was already 3AM when Mr Yam announced the result. It was no wonder; the margin was so close that they had to ask for recount. SPP lost by 114 votes (0.7%). What happened to those 200 over votes that were rejected? This feeling is akin to getting 49.5 marks for exams. SUX.

I felt sad for Mr Chiam. Although Mr Chiam switched from Potong Pasir to Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC and lost, he had fought well. The result of 43% is commendable!

With his straight-laced and deadpan expression, Yam delivered his announcements in an even-handed monotone, without fear or favour to any of the parties, as should be. Hmm, very professional indeed! Read more @ A new star is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment