Sunday, May 1, 2011

My wish came true - Siem Reap

Finally! My wish is coming true! We are leaving for Siem Reap on Labour Day. The initial plan was to go during September 2010 but two of the girls could not make it due to work commitments so we cancelled it. This May, I am going with SC and Chin. *grin*

In fact this trip was nearly cancelled because a family member had fell sick but had already recovered 3 days before we were due to fly!

I prefer free-and-easy trips as I dislike the regime of a typical tour group. One of my ex-colleagues gave me the contact of a Cambodian, Mr San Park, who will be our local tour guide. I had been so busy for the past two weeks that I did not have time to do any 'research' *frown*. So we are likely to follow Mr Park's itinerary. His proposed itinerary also includes a morning at a poor people's village. We will get to look at their daily life. I bought sweets and chocolates for the children! It was too rushed for me to get more things like colour pencils, drawing papers, etc. Anyway, I hope they will like this little gesture of mine. And I managed to pack my luggage in less than an hour, one day before our flight. Hope I did not miss out any important things!

Passport - checked!
SGD and USD - checked!
Kit Lens - checked!
Ultra wide angle Lens - checked!
Extra battery, SD card - checked
Tripod - checked!
.....
..........
...............
....................

I have decided not to bring the zoom lens 70-200mm. My camera bag is too heavy!

No comments:

Post a Comment