Monday, August 1, 2011

Barcelona (2) - Hotel Silken Diagonal

As Hotel Zero was overbooked, some of us had to stay at Hotel Silken Diagonal on the first day.

My two cents worth
The decor is modern and the room is clean.

It has a great location, next to the Torres Agbar landmark 5 minutes walk from the Glories Metro Station (red line). There is also a shopping mall just opposite the hotel - they have Zara, H&M, Mango, Dunkin Donuts, Macdonalds..... and a huge Carrefour supermarket.

There is free WiFi and the speed is reasonable.

I noticed one common thing about hotels nowadays - the bathroom door and walls are transparent. Is that the trend now? I get to have a room all to myself as this is a business trip. However, I will not choose this hotel if I am going on a trip with my friends. One side of the transparent bathroom wall is covered with a screen that is translucent. And there is nothing to cover the transparent door and the other wall (refer pictures).

The only complaint that I have - the bathroom is not very well designed. There is no shower curtains and after each shower, it practically floods. I tried using the towels to dry it but it did not work. I loathe having to step onto the wet floor! 


Hotel Silken Diagonal






No comments:

Post a Comment