Monday, August 1, 2011

Barcelona (4) - Food

Our second (corporate) dinner at Barcelona. I missed the first one as we already bought tickets for OperaYFlamenco and we missed the third (last) dinner as it was our last night and we wanted to get some shopping done.

During this work trip, I had Spanish food for the first time and boy! "Salty" is an understatement. We wondered why the food were so salty; is it because Barcelona is geographically situated besides the sea?

The restaurants in Barcelona are only open at 9pm for dinners. By then we were starving. We only had some tiny sandwiches for lunch!

The starters - I lost track of the slices of bread I ate. They just kept serving it to us which is good as we were all so hungry.





They are famous for this seafood rice thing. This is also the most saltish food I have ever eaten. I could barely finish a third of it.




The second main course was the steak. I don't take beef so I asked the waiter to take it away. In fact, at the table where I seated, 6 of us do not take beef (2 colleagues from India, 1 from Thailand, 1 from Malaysia and myself - due to religion reasons and the colleague from Japan - I think he was just not in the mood for beef that night and the colleague from Turkey - she prefers vegetables.)

The desserts - Sweet!
By then I was feeling very full from all the bread that I have gobbled.

Enough to go around a few tables


Thanks to the Head Office for organising this dinner. We had the third floor all to ourselves. It is a great restaurant!

Some snapshots of the scenery




No comments:

Post a Comment