Monday, October 31, 2011

巴国布衣 (Ba Guo Bu Yi)

Address : 定西路1018 号近延安西路 (just 10 minutes taxi ride from Hotel Nikko Shanghai)

The name 巴国布衣 means "Sichuan Common People," The last two characters 布衣 mean "cloth gown" which refers to the commoner's garb. Sichuan cuisine is known for its spicy dishes and dishes featuring snake, turtle, rabbit, eel, bullfrog etc. (My colleagues ordered the rabbit meat and Megan & I skipped it totally).

This is my second visit to 巴国布衣, the first being July 2007. They used to have fire-spitting performance but it is now banned. Nonetheless, the face-changing performance is just as brilliant. I was standing merely a foot away and I am very sure that my eyes did not blink. In that spilt second, he changed his mask! You just have to see it for yourself!

IMG_5073, originally uploaded by Technical Tango.

The food that we ordered....
















No comments:

Post a Comment