Friday, May 4, 2012

Study shows, taking email vacations can reduce stress!

Yahoo! News

I agree!! *raise both legs and hands*

Whenever I have a challenging deadline or task to complete, I turn off my email (Microsoft outlook). The email alerts stressed me out. By turning off the email, I feel that I can work more efficiently and effectively because I can concentrate just on getting the task done. Then, I reply to all the emails at one go.
The Company provides me with a Blackberry so that I can check emails at anywhere and anytime. However, this also becomes a habit for me to read emails on weekends and off days. Sometimes when I see an important email, it lingers on my mind and I feel uneasy because there is nothing much I can do until I return to office. Nowadays I restrict reading emails on blackberry only on weekday nights.  

Weekends are my email vacations.


No comments:

Post a Comment