Monday, October 21, 2013

17 Sep Le Marais and Notre Dame

On our second day in Paris, we visited Le Marais which is the Jewish district of this city. We took the metro to Bastille Station; merely a few stops from our hotel.

Today's Le Marais is a fashionable district with many restaurants, cafes and art galleries. It is also known for the Chinese community hence you can find many restaurants selling Chinese food. I wanted to shop at the vintage shops but we were too early as most shops only open at noon.

There is an old Parisian feel about this neighbourhood, the perfect place to spend an afternoon.

A landmark at Bastille





We did not bother with a map and just enjoyed the stroll. Somehow we ended at Notre Dame! (I did not use any flash so some of the photos will appear grainy).

 
























Ta-dah! This is my favourite photo that I took at Notre Dame. 
 
We ended the day with dinner at a quaint Japanese restaurant. We chose this place because there is a newspaper article outside the shop. It was a simple dinner of Ramen, Gyoza and beer. I seldom drink when I am in Singapore but during this Europe trip, I either drink wine or beer (French beer, Kirin, Qing Tao & Heineken) almost everyday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment