Sunday, October 6, 2013

Koh Grill and Sushi Bar


During our recent girly meet up, Emily suggested lunch at her favourite Japanese place.
“It’s inside Wisma foodcourt and I have made a reservation.” she said.
 
At the back of my mind, I was wondering why there is a need for reservation since it is located inside a foodcourt?! Dang!
Our reservation was at 12noon. When I arrived at 11.40AM, a queue was already forming! (It opens daily from 11.30AM).
 
The food certainly did not disappoint. However, do not have high expectations of the service and the ambience. It looks like this Japanese place is rather understaffed. It is very hard to get the attention of the service staff. The floor around our table was still very wet but the waitress did remind us to watch our steps.



Our order
 
The Appetiser
This is a cold dish - century egg and tofu, with fish roe. 

The "must-order"
We ordered both the Shiok maki – Gen 1 and Shiok maki – Gen 2. Emily and I both prefer the Gen 1. Gen 1 consists of eel and avocado while Gen 2 consists of tempura prawn and chewy seaweed. The creamy sauce is indeed very shiok! If you are someone who loves cheese, you will love this dish.




The Yakitori
I wanted to order the asparagus wrapped with pork belly and mushrooms wrapped with pork belly but they did not have it. So I asked for “anything else that’s wrapped with pork belly”. Here's cherry tomatoes wrapped with pork belly. It is a tad too oily but anything with pork belly seldom goes wrong for me.


The soup
I requested for warm water as I was still nursing a bad cold. The waitress simply brushed me off with “we do not serve this.” (Ok fine…) I ordered Evian mineral water instead. I feel that they could have been more flexible. I do not mind paying for the warm water. Emily suggested that we share a pot of soup (I cannot remember what’s the name). The soup is nice but I will not order this again as I do not handle fish bones very well.

 
Carpaccio
Thinly sliced swordfish and salmon, served with a light sauce and lots of garlic.

 
We also ordered a small bowl of garlic rice to share. The total bill came up to S$84 for 2 persons.

Koh Grill and Sushi Bar
Wisma Atria Shopping Centre
#04-23 (Besides toast box)
Reservation is strongly recommended! Tel: +65 9180 3805

No comments:

Post a Comment