Saturday, March 26, 2011

Back to the 1930s old Shanghai

In the mid of a bustling city, there lies a hub of art galleries, cosy cafes, interesting restaurants and craft shops. It is a total different world! Back to the 30s, the old Shanghai!

I was introduced to this restaurant, FIVE by colleague in Shanghai office. He is a Singaporean Malay who speaks very fluent Mandarin! FIVE serves asian cusine. It is located between Taikang Road 泰康路 and Sinan Road 思南路. As I came straight from office, I did not have my DSLR with me. All pictures are taken with Ixus 75 which did not do any justice to this place!





FIVE refers to the 5 elements - Fire, Earth, Water, Wood and Metal
(I only managed to get 4 out of 5 name cards ; the restaurant ran out of "metal" namecard)

Taikang Road was built in the 1930s as a residential district but it was restored and converted to a tourist attraction in 2006.

You'll get a surprise at every turn and bend.
This place is full of mystique; I wouldn't mind getting lost in it.

Traditional architecture

Cosy lanes
Art galleries


The alleys

Interesting restaurants
 

Shop selling unique gifts

I wish I had more time to explore this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment