Sunday, March 27, 2011

Regal Shanghai East Asia Hotel, Shanghai

800 Ling Ling Road, Xu Hui District, Shanghai 200030, China
中国上海市徐汇区零陵路800号

The hotel is situated in the heart of Xu Jia Hui commercial and shopping district. This location is ideal as it’s close to many restaurants and is only 20-minutes drive from Hong Qiao Airport and 30 minutes drive to the office. It was also the preferred hotel selected by Shanghai Expo. Bureau

The first thing that strikes me about Regal is its unusual location; it is integrated with the Shanghai Stadium. I did feel a little strange to be staying “in” a stadium. However, if the taxi driver lost his way, the stadium became a good landmark to direct the driver to.

I will always (specifically) request for a non-smoking room wherever I travel. The weird thing is, there were two ash trays in my room. I clarified with the reception staffs and they insisted they have given me a non-smoking room. Then what were two ash trays doing in my room? *scratch head* Anyway I did not pursue the matter as there was no noticeable cigarette smell in the room.

Overall, the service is only average. The staffs at the concierge are helpful but the reception staffs did not seem to like to smile. The room was spacious and clean. The window curtains were electrically operated. The speed of broad band internet access was also reasonable.

Once, I could not get any lights in the room after I returned from work. I guessed the power had gone off. I called the service desk and got a prompt response.

They served both American and Chinese food at the buffet breakfast but it was almost the same dishes during my 7-days stay.


I prefer to post up photos of the room I had stayed in
Nothing beats personal experiences



Ash tray 1

Ash tray 2

View from my room


 
Around the hotel








No comments:

Post a Comment